I asked my friend and author, Jerry Pallotta and he said I should research the cloudrunner.
The cloudrunner is also called a cloud rat and can be found in Panay, an island in the Philippines. They live in the treetops and eat fruit and leaves.
Jerry also told me I should research leaf cutter ants which made me think about his Who Would Win books. I think Jerry should write his next book on Leaf Cutter vs. Army Ants or Bullet Ants.
|Leaf Cutter Ants Vs.|
|Army Ants Vs.|
Who do you think would win?
Here are the questions I need to answer for my project:
- What is the name of your rainforest animal?
- What does your animal look like?
- What type of body covering does your animal have?
- Which rainforest layer is your animal's home - forest floor, understory, canopy, or emergent layer?
- How does your animal move?
- What does your animal like to eat?
- Name some of your animal's enemies.
- List 5 interesting facts you have learned about your rainforest animal.
- Draw a picture of your rainforest animal in its natural habitat.
- Draw a chart that shows the food chain of this animal. Remember to include plants, water, prey, etc.
Which animal should I research? What is your favorite rainforest animal and why? Share pictures and links too!
Here's my first Glossi: